Linalool (β-linalool, linalyl alcohol, linalyl oxide, allo-ocimenal), a floral, citrusy, sometimes candy-like terpenoid, is a huge help to anxiety and sedation. Its aromas and commonality means it shows up in as much as 80% of all fragranced products. It occurs naturally in lavender, bay laurel, basil, mint, cinnamon, birch, citrus fruits, birch trees, coriander and rosewood.
Linalool in particular has been shown to assist with anxiety, OCD, stress, depression, PTSD, skin disorders, acne, dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema and pain relief. Strains containing high linalool include Master Kush, Pink Kush, OG Shark, G13, Amnesia Haze, Lavender and LA Confidential.
- Elisabetsky, E. Brum, LF. Souza, DO. Anticonvulsant properties of linalool in glutamate-related seizure models. Phytomedicine. (1999)
- Peana, AT. D’Aquila, PS. Chessa, ML. Moretti, MD. Serra, G. Pippia, P. (-)-Linalool produces antinociception in two experimental models of pain. European Journal of Pharmacology. (2003)
- Nakamura, A. Fujiwara, S. Matsumoto, I. Abe, K. Stress Repression in Restrained Rats by (R)-(−)-Linalool Inhalation and Gene Expression Profiling of Their Whole Blood Cells. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. (2009)
- Koulivand, PH. Ghadiri, MK. Gorji, A. Lavender and the Nervous System. Evidence-Based Complementary Alternative Medicine. (2013)
- Chang, MY. Shen, YL. Linalool exhibits cytotoxic effects by activating antitumor immunity. Molecules. (2014)
- Guzman-Gutierrez, SL. Bonilla-Jaime, H. Gomez-Cansino, R. Reyes-Chilpa, R. Linalool and β-pinene exert their antidepressant-like activity through the monoaminergic pathway. Life Science. (2015)
- Tilray. Myrcene, Linalool and Bisabolol: What Are the Benefits of These Cannabis Terpenes. Leafly. (2016)
- Herman, A. Tambor, K. Herman, A. Linalool Affects the Antimicrobial Efficacy of Essential Oils. Current Microbiology. (2016)
- Umezu, T. Nagano, K. Ito, H. Kosakai, K. Sakaniwa, M. Morita, M. Anticonflict effects of lavender oil and identification of its active constituents. Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior. (2006)